Saturday, May 19, 2007

THE GREAT SUPER BLAH-BLAH!! October 2006


One day, my then 4-year old boy, Basti, jumped from nowhere and went, "Tantananan... It's me!!! Super BLABLAH!!"

Not being in the best of moods, I totally ignored the entrance and just said, "That's nice, Moymoy," without looking.

"No, Mama... Look at me...Look at me... I'm a super hero," he emphasized more seriously.

After reading loads of parenting books and not wanting to kill the imagination and creativity of my sumo wrestler, I decided to play along.

"So which Superhero are you this time? Are you Superman, Batman,Spiderman...etc...?"

"I'm Super BLAHBLAH! And I'm cute too," answered my little hero.

Puzzled, I asked..."What's your super power?"

"Aside from flying, when my enemy is there, I just say 'BLAH!' and he disappears! I'm galing 'no, Mama?"

"Okay...and where did you get the name?" I insisted in knowing.

"O, kasi Mama when you're on the phone and talking to your friends, you say, 'Apparently... and then she said...BLAH BLAH BLAH.' I looooove your stories, Mama."

Okay, okay, okay ....the mom is a great story teller. Worst...I'm raising an eavesdropper! "So may I ask who is your arch enemy, Super BLAH-BLAH?"

"Oh, he's the evil "Bad Word Master!" he replied with much gusto. All right, this boy can pull together a great theme for a short story.

"Do you have a side kick?"

"But of course... He's my good friend Polite Expression!" What can I say... brilliance runs in the family.
After being drowned by hugs and kisses from Super Mama... off went SuperBlah Blah to his next adventure and/or misadventure.

After several days, I heard a brawl happening between Kuya and Moymoy. I heard Moymoy saying 'You're STUPID!' to his kuya.

"I thought you're Super BLAH BLAH, why are you saying bad words?!"

Struggling through the hikbis, Basti replied, "Mama, don't you know that I'm also my worst enemy....and I can't help it."

If that's not depth, I do not know what you call it....Have a great day!!




Super Mama with Super BLAH-BLAH, now 5 years old, Monterey, Ca. April 2007.


No comments: